What is literature review?
Is a scientific work text that has already been established by other authors and scientific researchers and contains theoretical and methodological insights on many topics such as programs, tests, academic or other non-academic subjects that are not a major source of knowledge and do not add a new trial experience. So, we summarize the other scientific work to create a new work
Why are you using it?
In this way, we take advantage of past experience and current knowledge. In this topic, we will highlight the issue of software quality assurance (SQA), and what other relevant information is the result.
1. Examine works efficiently to identify a number of useful articles and books.
2. Apply the principles of analysis to identify unbiased and correct studies.
How is literature review reading a literature review about a certain research paper is going to be of help to the reader?
Show the reader what knowledge and ideas have been placed on a topic and what are his strengths and weaknesses
1-WHAT IS SQA? And why do we need it?
is a set of activities for ensuring quality in software engineering processes, it includes the following activities :
1-process definition and implementation.
It also consists of processes which are:
1-Software Development Methodology
We need Software quality assurance for important activities like:
1- Improving the process and controlling it
2- To assure that standards are followed as required
3- Making sure that it does not have quality problems and stopping it before happening
THE QUALITY SYSTEM OF SQA
The quality system must be flexible and naturally lead to a description of the functioning of the quality system. The heart of quality assurance is called quality system or more and more quality management system. This includes the management structure, responsibilities, activities, capabilities, and resources that ensure that the software products produced by the projects have the desired quality factors that the customer and the developer integrate into them. This means that a quality system of activities such
• Review projects to ensure that quality controls are maintained.
• Verification of the quality system to improve it.
• Personal development of staff in the field of quality assurance.
• Negotiate resources that enable people who perform our quality assurance activities to function properly.
• Contribute to development-oriented improvement measures; for example, the introduction of a new notation for the requirements specification.
• The development of standards, procedures and guidelines.
Some Practices for Software Quality Assurance:
Here are some good practices for effective implementation of the SQA
• Continuous Improvement: The entire standard SQA process must be frequently improved and formalized so that the other can follow. This process should be certified by a popular organization such as ISO, CMMI, etc.
• Documentation: All quality assurance policies and procedures defined by the QA team must be documented for training and reuse for future projects.
• Experience: The selection of experienced SQA audit members is a good way to ensure the quality of the management review
• Tool Usage: Tools such as the tracking tool and the SQA process management tool reduce the effort of the SQA and project costs.
• Metrics: Developing and creating metrics to track the quality of the software in its current state and compare improvements with previous versions helps to increase the value and maturity of the testing process.
• Responsibility: The SQA process is not the work of the SQA member, but the work of all. Everyone in the team is responsible for the quality of the product, not just the test manager or the manager.
How to implement the quality assurance?
It consists of three steps:
Step 1 : develop Software quality assurance plan.
Step 3 review the process.
Step 1) Develop the SQA plan
Test activity also requires that the SQA plan for the test plan also needs a plan called the SQA plan.
The objective of the SQA plan is to develop processes and planning procedures to ensure that the manufactured products or services provided by the company are of exceptional quality.
During project planning, Test Manager creates an SQA plan that schedules the SQA test regularly.
Test manager will do the following;
1- Responsibilities of SQA team and what they should do(Role):
Review and evaluate the quality of project activities to meet quality assurance standards
• Coordinate with the board and project teams to assess requirements and participate in project meetings and status meetings.
• Track design and collection of measurements to monitor project quality.
• Measure the quality of the product; make sure that the product meets customer expectations.
2- work products that the SQA auditor will review and audit:
1-List all work products from each test management process
2- Identify the facilities or equipment that the SQA auditor can access to perform SQA tasks such as process audits.
3- Create the schedule to perform the SQA tasks:
1-The test manager should describe the tasks to be performed by SQA auditors with a particular focus on SQA activities as well as the work product for each task.
2-The test manager also creates a layout for these SQA tasks.
Step 2) Define the standards/methodology:
To verify administrative activity against the standard, you must perform the following steps:
1. Identify policies and procedures that are designed to prevent errors in the management process
2. Documentation of policies and procedures
3. Inform and train staff to use
Step 3) Review the process
Review project activities to verify compliance with the specific management process. In the management review, the members of the SQA must complete a 5 revision of the SQA as follows:
1- Review project planning
2- Review software requirement analysis
3- Review test design
4- Review before release
5- Review project closing